How to overcome your fears and be seen! Getting your voice out into the world!
The Whine-Wine Blog
Because every rant, rave or whine goes down better with a great glass of wine!!
When I started this journey as a writer, my number one fear was having someone read my work, and a close second was I good enough. A lot of us had our voices stifled as children, so naturally, as adults, it’s difficult to articulate our thoughts and feelings. It’s even more challenging to write them down and share with others. Some of us lost our voices through simple discipline; you know that old saying a child should be seen and not heard. And some of our voices were stifled through trauma.
Now that I’ve started my business as an Indie Author Coach, where I help writers get their work out into the world, I’ve seen a combination of these things. My clients come to me in various stages of their writing projects, some with their books finished and some with just an idea they want to write about, but all of them have the same fear- am I good enough, can I actually get my work out and be seen? My answer is a resounding yes.
So, for you to take the leap and be seen through your work, here are a few simple steps to get you started.
1. Take a deep breath and thank your creator for giving you your distinct voice.
2. Write down your why – why is this story relevant to you?
3. Write down who this story is for.
4. Journal – If you are feeling anxious, write out why.
5. Go back and read some of your favorite authors not for the story but for technique - how they put the book together, plot, character development, flow
6. If your book isn’t finished – just start writing your story/characters will lead you.
7. Do a little bit of research on how to write a book.
8. Get a coach – You can always hire me – I promise I would take your hand and walk you step by step through the process!
Just know that your voice is essential. You have the right to have it heard. You never know, your words may just be what someone else needs to overcome adversity. You can do it!
I look forward to seeing your work in print!
Until next time, enjoy the journey!
Follow me at:
@Poetrynmotionii – Twitter
poetryinmotionii – Instagram
I recently started my LLC. I teach the self-publishing process and help independent authors publish their body of work. I support all whether it’s fiction or non-fiction for fun or profit. To help my clients release their work, I developed an online class:
So, You Finished your Masterpiece – Now What? A course on how to publish your book.
For a limited time get 25% off & a Free E-book!